Friday, May 12, 2006

Captain's Log: Supplemental

Following yesterday's - some might say "NEGATIVE" - posting about Wednesday's Ivy Bush experience, and feedback I have since received, I should like to explain something.

I was just reflecting MY Ivy Bush experience in terms of my immediate feelings about the opportunity the night provided for me to progress as a comedian... NOT the fact that it WAS a very enjoyable night... for EVERYBODY involved.

However... after much reflection in a pub garden yesterday afternoon, I realized that I wrote in haste. If I had been a more resourceful comedian, it could have been a good night not only DESPITE the problems and limitations of the night, but BECAUSE of them.

As usual, I was too fixed on doing the set I'd chosen to do. A GOOD comedian would have had a great time working the room, discussing all aspects of the evening... the room, the Chinese people, the lack of other people, the other acts on the bill, etc. etc.

Next time I'll try harder... OK??

2 Comments:

Blogger Abed. Hamdan said...

try harder man,
Nice blog u have :)

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not about trying harder. It's about being able to do it.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home