Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Don't Neglect The Popular Culture Of Your Past.


Returning to the old television, movies, books, comics, etc. that we enjoyed in our youth can reconnect us to those positive feeling we had at that stage of our lives, and makes us realize that inside we're the same as we always were...

Excitement, enthusiasm, optimism - and occasional energy - aren't exclusive to the under 40's.

For the last few days I've been immersing myself in my Bilko DVD boxset, and it's done me so much good that the 21 episodes on the DVDs haven't been enough. I've also dug out the episodes that I have on home recorded video tapes and I've been enjoying them too. Only a hundred and a bit more episodes to go! Let's see how long it takes to get though them all.

It's always the case that you should learn from the best. I plan to be writing the pilot of my own radio sitcom over the summer - That's my plan!!! - and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can generate the same kind of funny stories and snappy, witty dialogue for myself.

It's too hot to go outside. I'm being positive, and staying in to watch telly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home