Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Roll On Tuesday 19th September! (7pm - 9pm)


This morning the postman brought news from Stratford-upon-Avon College. You can see the COMPLETE contents of that mail above. It is the timetable of classes for my next ten week Comedy Writing course. (By the way... If you left-click on the picture, you can see an enlargement that you can read.)

Exciting News! The previous term that ended in March was the first for a few years, and was in many ways the best I have presented to date, and makes me realise that there is better yet to come.

I now have a better view of what can and should be done in ten weeks, and particularly in ten two-hour sessions. Students in September can expect a course for which there has been much fresh preparation, and the best elements of previous courses will be combined with a new emphasis, particularly for the first few classes.

So much of courses to date has concentrated on the TECHNIQUE of comedy writing. In September I will be working harder on helping students with the MENTALITY of comedy writing.

What do I mean by that? Come along on Tuesday 19th September and find out. It's going to be good. I promise!

And as usual, we'll be going for a beer afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home