Sunday, August 06, 2006

Nice To Be Home!


Apologies to my readers, but I've been on holiday... Cornwall, North Wales, and Norwich. You know what holidays are like... Fun and stress in equal measures. So I'm happy to be home again. And on my return, there was ONE interesting email in my inbox. It was from Jeff Lieberman!!

What?? You don't know who Jeff Lieberman is? He's that American film director. He'd read my IMDb comments on his 1994 documentary movie "But... Seriously" about satirical stand-up comedy in America for the 1950's to the 1990's, and wanted to tell me that he appreciated my thoughts on his movie and gave me further information about that project.

What?? You don't know what IMDb stands for? It's the Internet Movie Database, where you can find out about movies, actors, directors, writers, etc. that you're interested in from movies and TV.

PLUS... It's an opportunity to share your own comments and queries or extra information you have about those productions and people... and that's what I like to do. It's a great displacement activity for when I know I should be working on my own original creative writing projects.

By the way... "But... Seriously" is seriously good, and it features clips of comedians... like Mort Sahl (pictured), early George Carlin, Dennis Miller... that I haven't seen before, especially not on telly in this country. I recorded it when it was on Channel 4, and if you want to see it, you'll have to come along to my comedy writing classes in Stratford, coz I'll be showing bits to demonstrate effective satirical stand-up.

Hearing from Jeff is sort of what I'd been hoping for actually. I enjoy writing about comedy in all forms and mediums, and I have vague hopes of comedy related journalistic activities, or in other words... perhaps somebody in power might see my writing and give me the chance to write about comedy for money.

Do YOU have that sort of power??? Gizza job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home